Friday, November 2, 2007

3.22 Mile Morning Run

Beautiful morning for a run! Wish my body had been feeling as great as the weather. I just felt tired the whole time and my lungs were really struggling to keep up.

Would have been pretty cold this morning if it wasn't for my new jacket. I always thought that buying the expensive, technical running clothes was a waste of money and that my cotton t-shirts, shorts and sweats were every bit as good. I'd just wear several layers if it got cold. I'm finally figuring out that some of the expensive garb is worth the money. The jacket is extremely lightweight, but it has enough pockets for my phone, mp3 player and gloves or hat when I've warmed up and don't want to be wearing them anymore. It's reflective for running in the dark after work and is comfortable and unrestrictive without any annoying, ill-placed tags or seams. It also keeps the wind from cutting through me and is supposed to be waterproof too (although I haven't tested that property yet). So far, I love it and it'll definitely keep me running through the winter.

No comments: