Saturday, December 1, 2007

I hate it when a plan doesn't come together

I made it to the gym again on Thursday morning for another hypertrophy workout. I saw another co-worker there. This time it was a guy who had pneumonia about two weeks ago and is also near the age of 50. It's a real sign of the benefits of keeping in shape that he was able to be back in the gym so soon. I hope I'll be in that kind of condition in twenty years.

Friday was my day off. When I say day off, I mean it. I spent pretty much the whole day in bed and playing video games. Sometimes being lazy just feels too good.

I had kind of a gut ache all morning today, so I couldn't get to the gym early like I had intended. Somehow I got into my head that my club was open till 7 pm on Saturdays, so I did some things around the house and then went to the grocery store. I got to the gym at 4:30, all excited for a couple hours of working out. Just as I was putting my stuff in a locker, they made an announcement that the club would be closing in thirty minutes. Sometimes I can be a real bonehead. I really miss the 24-hour Fitness I used to work out at in Spokane.

So, instead of the weights, I hit the road. Not the best weather for it, unfortunately, but I'd better get used to that. The wind-proof clothes I spent all that money kick some major butt! I don't know what I ever did without them. Oh yeah, I took most of the cold weather months off.

No comments: